If you’re stuck inside while Frankenstorm brings high winds and pounding rain to the east coast, why not make some Frankenstorm cookies?
When I woke up this morning I looked outside and decided that I needed something sweet and something chocolatey. But in all my preparations for the storm–I bought water and cat food and tried to buy batteries (sold out everywhere I went)–I forgot to buy chocolate chips. Then I had a brainstorm. I had lots of chocolate chip material in my kitchen because I had bought a big valuepack of Halloween candy: 90-piece bag full of Butterfingers, BabyRuths, Crunch and 100 Grand Bars.
I opened the Halloween candy (one of the best parts about being an adult is you can open the Halloween candy before Halloween) and cut the candy into chocolate chip size pieces. From there it was easy to decide which recipe to use…original Toll House cookie recipe of course. Only in stead of adding chocolate chips, I used my Halloween candy bits. I made one portion with Butterfinger pieces, one with 100 Grand pieces, and the last portion with Nestle’s Crunch pices
The results were amazing. Frankenstorm cookies were born.
So, break into your Halloween candy and make your own Frankenstorm cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg
- 1 (12 ounce) packageNESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- PREHEAT oven to 375 COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- ADD eggs one at a time to sugar mixture. Beat well after adding each egg
- GRADUALLY STIR in the flour mixture
- DIVIDE the batter into portions. Mix a different candy into each portion. Or you can mix them all together
- DROP by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets, or on baking paper on baking sheets
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- COOL on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Then eat….warm cookies right out of the oven.